Welcome to Start Hacking - IT Security Information Resource
Whether you're new to IT Security or a seasoned veteran, you'll find that Start Hacking provides offensive & defensive techniques to improve your overall IT security understanding.
Start Hacking was developed to become a resource for those that want to understand more about IT security. This site will cover both network and web application security from a novice stand point. This is done purposely so that readers will understand that do not have a strong background will get the fundamentals necessary to understand the security threat.
Start Hacking has hands on video demonstrations and tutorials demonstrating many of the offensive techniques used today in IT security and will feature various tactics in how to defend yourself from malicious attacks.
What many individuals don't understand is that to prevent being a victim you need to understand how an attacker works. "To catch a thief you must think like a thief"
Here's some of the latest additions to the site:
- Security Projects: Building a GPU Password Cracking host
- My experience in passing Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) Certification
- Understand the Threat: Persistant / Stored Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Understand the Threat: Relective Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Understand the Threat: DOM Based Cross SIte Scripting (XSS)
- Security Project: Testing a Thick Client Application
- Understand the Threat: Thick Client Security